Help Refugees is seeking a Fundraising and Marketing Manager to join its London team.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience working for one of the fastest-growing charities in the UK. You’ll work alongside a small, dynamic, hard-working team, and have the chance to make a real, tangible impact to the lives of thousands of refugees and displaced people all over the world.
You choose love.
You are motivated by a love of humanity that knows no borders.
You are a doer
You spot opportunities for impact and make things happen. You are comfortable working on scrappy passion projects and longer-term strategic campaigns. A good day is when you’ve done something to change the world.
You are a creative communicator.
You know the world is changed by stories and you want to be at the heart of telling them. You can communicate complex ideas with clarity, powerful stories with passion and understand how to move people.
You are curious.
You know good ideas can come from anywhere and are constantly looking at the world around you for inspiration.
You are a team player.
You work best when part of a small, collaborative team. You are happy to muck in when needed and the words ‘not my job’ have never crossed your lips.
You are entrepreneurial.
You think beyond the limits of your current role. You take risks, celebrate failure and never stop generating ideas.
ABOUT HELP REFUGEES
We are pioneering a new movement in charity that provides emergency aid and long term solutions where they are most needed.
Our model is simple. We go where the need is greatest, find the local or grassroots organisations doing the most effective work, and give them what they need to help people – whether that’s funding, material aid or volunteers.
We work to fill the gaps in services available to refugees, across Europe and the Middle East. We aim to respond to emergencies with aid and support, and to secure permanent change through long-term solutions, campaigning and advocacy. Our work is motivated by four key values – dignity, hope, respect and humanity – which we promote through all of our work.
With this model, we’ve managed to support almost 1 million people across over 100 projects in 13 countries. In the last four years, we’ve had more than 30,000 volunteers from over 90 countries.
Our ‘Choose Love’ brand has been worn by Oprah, Julia Roberts and Jude Law, and thousands more across the world. Our ‘buy nothing, pop-up’ stores in London and New York have raised £2.75 million and gained headlines in New York Times, The Guardian and been featured on CNN. Our founders have addressed audiences including Barack Obama, Sheryl Sandberg and the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Fundraising and Marketing Manager is a new role focused on deepening the commitment of existing supporters and bringing new members into the movement. This role is for someone who loves technology and data and everything that falls between and wants to use that passion to support some of the world’s most vulnerable people.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Inspiring Help Refugee’s growing community of supporters to give by creating compelling campaigns and content across email, social media channels and offline events
- Tracking and analysing data donor to inform your work and the efforts of the organisation
- Overseeing pro-bono campaigns. We’re lucky enough to get support from Google and Facebook. We want you to use it most effectively
- Supporting the Leadership team on fundraising from high-level individual givers and foundations
- Make sure we’re updating our best-practices to reflect national and global trends in digital fundraising
- Management of Help Refugee’s website and digital payment gateways
- Occasional management of contractors and project teams
- Track record of success in digital fundraising or marketing with at least three years experience
- Demonstrable experience of understanding donor behaviour and inspiring people to give
- Confident and sophisticated communicator with strong writing skills
- Experience managing or working with a large community of online givers (50,000)
The Big Pluses
Ideal candidates will bring at least one of these to our work.
- Experience with online fundraising in the model of new movement organisations (Avaaz, Sum of Us, 38 Degrees)
- Experience working in the field of humanitarian aid, refugee or migration
- Experience using SQL and data and experimentation tools (e.g. Optimizely), ideally in a fundraising environment
- Experience with mobile technology, online giving platforms and website design
- Track record of using social media platforms to fundraise
- Demonstrable experience in using data and analytics to segment audiences and target content that has resulted in more support
The role will be managed by the CEO.
The role is currently based out of the Help Refugees office in London Fields, hopefully moving to Soho in London. Remote working will not be considered.
The role may involve some travel.
The role will be offered as permanent role with a six-month probation period. We anticipate the starting date to be no later than end of October 2019.
Salary is inline with other non-governmental organisations.
Please apply with a cover letter (of no more than two pages) outlining your suitability for the role and a copy for your CV. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘ Fundraising and Marketing Manager’.
Help Refugees does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, sexuality or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity and believer it creates dynamic, relevant organisations, fostering spaces for innovation and creativity. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team and encourage you to be a part of it.
We are committed to making our roles and culture inclusive. We can make reasonable adjustments throughout the application process and on the job. If you have particular accessibility needs, please get in touch and let us know any requirements you may have.
This post will remain open until filled, applications are being actively reviewed.