This post will remain open until filled. We are actively reviewing applications and interviewing.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Digital Manager to join one of the fastest growing charities in the UK. You’ll work alongside a small, dynamic, hard-working team, and have the chance to make a real, tangible impact to the lives of thousands of refugees and displaced people all over the world.
You’ll join the organisation at an exciting time. In 2018, our Choose Love stores raised over £2 million – and the successful candidate will be a core part of the team delivering the stores this year.
Purpose of the role:
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities for the organisation to grow digitally – whether by raising funds, reaching more people, growing petitions, or automating processes; developing user journeys and digital analysis & reporting
- To manage the organisation’s CRM systems, including overseeing volunteer management systems, fundraising and donations platforms
- Manage the website, including liaising with external agencies; develop content strategy and contribute to content plan; oversee technical development; ensure content, processes and systems meet needs of all internal stakeholders
- Provide clear, strategic leadership and guidance on all digital channels, to support the achievement of Help Refugees’ vision, values and outcomes
- Develop data management systems; help to ensure digital activity is compliant with current data regulations, e.g. GDPR, and that appropriate security measures are implemented to protect supporter and beneficiary data
- Contribute to the development of the wider Communications & Campaigns team plans and strategy; support and share skills with wider team
This is a varied role that holds responsibility for the development and implementation of our digital strategy. You’re a self-starter that loves solving problems, and is always seeking to beat ambitious targets and improve processes. You’ll be comfortable working under pressure to multiple deadlines in a busy office. Finally, you’ll be keen to expand on the skills you already have!
- Experience of project managing integrated multi-channel digital campaigns with ambitious targets, from planning through to evaluation, and experience of all key channels (web, social, email, advertising)
- Demonstrable experience of working with CRMs – ideally Salesforce – to segment audiences, develop processes and automate tasks
- Highly proactive and organised, able to manage and prioritise a busy workload of multiple digital projects, KPIs and stakeholders to deadline with consistent quality
- Strong technical skills, able to debug landing pages; good data analysis skills for reporting, segmenting, improving processes, spotting trends, and implementing learnings; proficient use of business IT systems including Google Ads & Analytics, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Zapier and databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to act and write sensitively with complex and challenging topics, in a range of tones
- Able to work calmly under pressure, balancing a variety of different demands and workstreams
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Passionate about supporting refugees and displaced people
- Experience coding and developing websites and digital products
- Experience working with digital commerce tools and platforms (from online donation portals and Shopify to hardware such as iZettle machines)
- Specialist qualification in relevant area e.g. digital marketing
- Management experience
- Experience working or volunteering with refugees and asylum seekers
Terms and Conditions
- Digital Manager is a full time role.
- The role will be managed by the CEO.
- The role is currently based in the Help Refugees office in London Fields, hopefully moving to Soho in London. Remote working will not be considered.
- The role will be offered as permanent role with a six-month probation period. We anticipate the starting date to be no later than end of October 2019.
- Salary is inline with other non-governmental organisations.
Application deadline: 9am, Friday 6th September.
Please apply with a cover letter (of no more than two pages) outlining your suitability for the role and a copy for your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. This post will remain open until filled. We are actively reviewing applications and interviewing.
We are committed to providing equality and fairness for all and not discriminating on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, mental health, religion or age. We encourage and celebrate the different qualities that our colleagues, and others we work with, bring to our work. We believe that seeing things from a wide range of different perspectives helps us to resolve problems, adapt our approaches and develop as an organisation. We want to bring greater diversity to our team and we’re keen to receive applications from people who believe they would do this.