We are looking for a Field Manager to join our team on Samos.
Applications are open now!
About the Organisation
Help Refugees is the largest grassroots humanitarian organisation working with refugees in Europe, the Middle East and on the US-Mexico border. Providing funding and support for over 120 of the most effective locally-led groups working on the frontlines, we act fast to help those who need it most. Our key goal is to provide flexible needs-based funding to grassroots organisations to close and prevent future gaps across the 3 layers: 1. emergency response; 2. basic survival; 3. rebuilding lives.
Help Refugees have Field Managers based in France, on the Greek mainland, and the Greek islands of Lesvos and Samos.
Purpose of the role: Working with the other Field Manager based on Samos to manage the Samos, Chios, and potentially Leros and Kos operations of Help Refugees.
Contract Length: 12 months
Start Date: Mid September
Salary: Inline with other non-governmental organisations
Key areas of responsibility:
- Procurement of supplies and emergency aid
- Assist with logistics for shipments
- Operational support on issues that arise in the field
- Take an active role in the emergency response core team
- Liaise with external training providers where appropriate
- Managing a three-monthly budget
- Allocating resources based on needs, local developments and strategic direction
- Monitoring and evaluation of partner projects
- Maintain regular contact and build trusted relationships with partner projects
- Ensure timely submission of project reports by coordinating with partners
Context analysis and representation
- Understand context on the Aegean islands and keep up to date with the situation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all actors to enhance cooperation and coordination between organisations
- Represent Help Refugees at inter-association meetings
- Facilitate and lead meetings, and take minutes, when required
- Act as the link between the work on the ground and London-based team
- Work closely with the rest of the Greece field team to share knowledge and ideas
- Participate in report writing and in proposal writing relevant to the operation and context in the region
- Host visits from donors, London team, media and stakeholders
- Work with the campaigns, communications and advocacy teams to raise awareness of the situation on the Aegean islands and issues affecting partners
- Take photos and collect stories and testimonies from partner organisations to be used by the communications team
- Be a point of contact for media/press when required
- Highly proactive and organised, able to manage and prioritise a busy, high-pressure workload
- Imaginative and solution-oriented
- Calm, diplomatic and patient
- Experience working in the field of humanitarian aid, refugees or migration
- Unafraid of administrative tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to act and write sensitively with complex and challenging topics, in a range of tones
- Proficiency with Google Docs, spreadsheets and other presentation tools
- Lived experience of displacement or migration
- Greek language proficiency/Greek Residency
- Knowledge of the regional and European migration situation
- Experience of working/volunteering within grassroots organisations in the migration sector
- Full driving license
Please send your CV and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com
Application deadline: Friday 7th August
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Help Refugees is against discrimination of any kind. We recognise that unconscious bias and internalised prejudice bleed into workplace practices, and so actively work to educate our staff and leadership team in allyship and non-discriminatory practice. Our success as an organisation requires us to live our principles, bringing equity and diversity of lived experience into our decision-making and creative processes. Please do not feel you will be disadvantaged in the selection process on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, sexuality or any other protected characteristic. If you need reasonable adjustments, please let us know in confidence.
We are committed to making our roles and culture inclusive. We can make reasonable adjustments throughout the application process and on the job. If you have particular accessibility needs, please get in touch and let us know any requirements you may have.