Help Refugees is looking for a Programmes Officer to join its London team on a full-time basis. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience working for one of the fastest-growing charities in the UK. You’ll operate within a small, dynamic and hard-working team, with the chance to make a real, tangible impact on the lives of thousands of displaced people across the world.
We are looking for someone who is excellent at prioritising and multitasking to support the Help Refugees Programmes team. You will be excellent at building systems and working with the team to ensure the smoothest process for grant administration. You will have the ability to prioritise according to the changing needs in the context and the team, whilst ensuring that the everyday tasks are complete to the highest standard. You will use your initiative when faced with new or complex problems. You will use your positive attitude to work out a way to move forward, and you will also know when to check in with the team.
The Programmes Officer will be line managed by COO and Head of Programmes, based alongside our other core team members in our East London office.
Role and responsibilities
- Travel arrangements and diary management for Head of Programmes and COO
- Additional admin support for Head of Programmes and COO including inbox management, meeting preparation and expenses management
- Writing reports on programmes for donors
- Writing social media content based on programmes reports
- Preparing grant proposals and budgets for potential donors
- Grant administration
- Providing regular updates to the team based on policy and geo-political changes
- Minute-taking at meetings
- Internal communication across Advocacy and Communications teams
- Field new enquiries to Help Refugees Programmes team
- Supporting Help Refugees’ field team in Calais and Greece with ad-hoc needs
- Assisting Head of Programmes and COO with due diligence and compliance for new grants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team as well as external contacts in a confident and professional manner
- Highly IT literate with an ability to learn new software quickly; excellent understanding of Microsoft Office and G Suite (Google apps)
- Excellent administrative and time management skills
- Meticulous with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organised and structured, but also willing and able to adapt to changing priorities and different team members’ needs
- Interest in migration and refugee issues, with a passion in supporting effective grassroots organisations and long-term solutions
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, flexible and adaptable
- Collaborative team player who is willing to support whatever the greatest needs are in the Help Refugees team
- Ability to use own initiative to ensure all tasks are met
- Experience writing grant proposals
- Experience with programme budgeting
- Language skills
- Experience using a CRM system e.g. Salesforce
We are committed to providing equality and fairness for all and not discriminating on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, mental health, religion or age. We encourage and celebrate the different qualities that our colleagues, and others we work with, bring to our work. And we believe that seeing things from a wide range of different perspectives helps us to resolve problems, adapt our approaches and develop as an organisation. We want to bring greater diversity to our team and we are keen to receive applications from people who believe they would do this.
To apply for this position please send your CV and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Programmes Officer Application”.
Applications close on 28th February 2019
Start date – ASAP