***This post has now been filled***
Help Refugees is seeking a Digital Officer to join our London team for three months, starting in the second week of May 2018.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience working for one of the fastest growing charities in the UK. You’ll work alongside a small but dynamic, hard-working team, and have the chance to make a real, tangible impact to the lives of thousands of refugees and displaced people all over the world.
As the humanitarian sector becomes increasingly data and technology-driven, there has never been a more exciting time to work on digital campaigns, fundraising and services.
The successful candidate will be technically minded, with good attention to detail and strong communication skills. They will have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, working in both teams and on their own.
We would especially like to encourage people from minority, migrant and refugee backgrounds to apply.
- Maintaining and overseeing the Help Refugees website
- To assist with the delivery of digital campaigns
- To maintain and develop Help Refugees’ digital systems, across platforms such as Salesforce, Mailchimp, Zapier, G Suite and more
- Support and promote organisations goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
- To design graphics and other assets for use online and offline
- Analysing the success of Help Refugees campaigns and fundraising
- Provide technical support to the Help Refugees team, both in London and on projects
- Experience using WordPress or other CMSs
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Familiar with G Suite, Word, Excel
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to learn
- An understanding of the broader refugee crisis
- Strong graphic design skills
- HTML/CSS and other coding skills
- Experience working with refugees and asylum seekers
- Experience in working on digital campaigns
- Experience in online fundraising
Deadline: 30th April 2018, 11.30pm
Salary to be discussed., depending on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV, along with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title ‘Digital Officer application’.
ABOUT HELP REFUGEES
Help Refugees is the largest grassroots humanitarian organisation working with refugees in Europe and the Middle East. Providing funding, support and volunteers for over 80 of the most effective locally-led groups working on the frontlines, we act fast to help those who need it most.