Choose Love seeks an entrepreneurial Creative Director of Brand Communications and Campaigns to lead and manage all elements of our communications strategy.
Do work that inspires. Every day at Choose Love is an opportunity to make a real, tangible difference to the lives of refugees and displaced people.
Collaborate with creative, exciting people that really care. Work with friendly, smart, dedicated people for whom this is more than a job – it’s a passion.
Be part of a brave, innovative start-up spirit. We’re a young organisation with big ambition. We’re nimble, always learning and not afraid to take risks.
About Choose Love
Our Vision: a world that chooses love and justice every day for everyone.
Our Mission: we do whatever it takes to identify, close and prevent gaps in services and protections for refugees and displaced people globally.
About the Job
Choose Love seeks an entrepreneurial Creative Director of Brand Communications and Campaigns to lead and manage all elements of the communications strategy for the organisation including:
Strategy and Leadership
- Design and implement a communications strategy that advances Choose Love’s strategic priorities to (1) position and promote forced migration as an urgent issue and move audiences to take action; (2) position and promote Choose Love as an expert on forced migration; and (3) diversify the organisation’s base of grassroots supporters.
- Elevate Choose Love’s visibility and grow its influence and impact through a variety of channels, including social media, influencer engagement, earned media, etc.
- Oversee and sign-off on all content creation, including but not limited to emails, social media, website, digital campaigns, advocacy actions, graphics, and other collateral.
- Drive innovation in Choose Love’s communications efforts and campaigns to position the organisation at the leading edge of narrative change and action.
- Collaborate closely with the CEO on all aspects of Choose Love’s communications and marketing efforts.
Fundraising and Advocacy Campaigns
- Develop the strategy, creative concepts, tactics and messaging for fundraising and advocacy campaigns throughout the year. This work will be done in close collaboration with the Head of Digital and Choose Love’s program, advocacy, fundraising and partnerships teams.
- Work with the team to develop creative concepts around the Choose Love Shop – both virtual and physical – leading the communications strategy to promote the shop to a wide array of audiences in the UK and beyond.
Outreach and Engagement: Social, Influencers, Media and Events
- Develop and oversee Choose Love’s editorial calendar, with a focus on social media, specifically Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok.
- Keep a pulse of relevant social media channels and traditional media outlets to spot trends and curate content for Choose Love’s audiences.
- Develop creative concepts and engaging messaging for use across emails, social media, website and talking points.
- Work with the CEO and Head of Partnerships to develop creative concepts to engage and activate influencers in support of the organisation.
- Develop plans to promote Choose Love’s events and stunts.
- Oversee the organisation’s earned media and crisis communications strategy, including public statements, interview requests and outreach to journalists.
Team Development and Management
- Thoughtfully manage and grow a team of communications and marketing professionals
- Manage engagement of external vendors and contractors, including graphic designers, PR specialists, videographers, photographers, etc.
- Oversee day-to-day activities of communications and digital functions including budgeting and staff development.
- Display leadership in working collaboratively across the organisation – from the program team to partnerships to advocacy – and in close partnership with the CEO.
- Have minimum 7-10 years experience working in marketing, communications and/or media/PR field for a nonprofit, media outlet, brand, political campaign or ad agency.
- Are an innovative, creative thinker, leader and do-er who is equally comfortable building a strategy, directing staff and rolling up your sleeves to get the work done on Day 1.
- Proven experience with an editorial approach to communications, including content creation and curation for a variety of audiences. Experience in crisis communications and rapid response is a plus.
- Have your finger on the pulse of cutting edge and creative brands and influencers because you live on and love social media.
- Not only have experience but enjoy managing a team, providing both leadership and coaching to help your colleagues grow and reach their full potential. Management style includes care and compassion.
- Exceptional writer and editor, having written for diverse audiences.
- Possess authentic passion for Choose Love’s mission and work. Lived experience of any kind is a plus.
- Are willing to listen and learn, making space for ideas and approaches that are different than your own.
- Proven ability to oversee a wide portfolio of projects and to manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Take ownership of and initiative in everything you do, while understanding how to work across teams.
How to apply
Choose Love does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, sexuality or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity and believe it creates dynamic, relevant organisations, fostering spaces for innovation and creativity. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team and encourage you to be a part of it. We are committed to making our roles and culture inclusive. We can make reasonable adjustments throughout the application process and on the job. If you have particular accessibility requirements, please get in touch and let us know.
This role will be based in London and the salary is £50-60k.
Please apply with a cover letter (of no more than two pages) outlining your suitability for the role and a copy of your CV to email@example.com. We are particularly interested in any examples of work you’ve led that demonstrate the requirements above. Please include links to any examples you feel are relevant. We will be reviewing applications and may interview before the closing date.
Application deadline: 9am, Monday 5th October.