This Christmas we are asking our supporters to Choose Love once again by fundraising at work.
The news agenda may have moved on, but the crisis isn’t over. There are still families with no food, people are drowning in their quest to find safety, people in Syria are unable to access medical care when bombs tear apart their homes and a generation of children risk growing up without an education.
With INGOs and governments not providing for many of the most basic needs of refugees across Europe and the Middle East, the grassroots movement continues to fill the huge gaps. This is where you come in…
With more than 96% of the funds we raise going straight to the frontline, your efforts this Christmas will translate into food, shelter, clothing and medical care for those most in need.
Here are some ideas for workplace fundraising activities:
- How about a themed fancy dress day: everyone donates to wear Christmas jumper, hat, or sequins, to dress as their favourite festive character (or whatever takes your fancy!)
- Make the Christmas party a fundraising opportunity! You could have an optional donation for attendance, a raffle or an auction of promises (the MD making coffee for the admin team every day for a week?!)
- Go green: encourage your colleagues to walk or cycle to work and donate what they saved on transport
- Ask everyone to donate a day’s wages – and ask your company to match your donation
- Buy each other Choose Love tees as your Secret Santa gifts
- Plan a sponsored challenge with your team