This week’s list of items needed in Calais by our amazing volunteers, updated Monday 11th April 2016.
If you wish to donate goods, please email Isabel on calaisdonations
Email Isabel to find out more about donation dates. Thank you for your time and support.
Food: We are running VERY LOW on food supplies. Material food donations are much more sustainable and logistically easier to arrange, so if you have funds available and are planning a delivery to the Auberge/Help Refugees warehouse, the most needed items are (most urgent at top) –
- fresh fruit and veg (including salad and fresh herbs)
- 1l UHT milk
- 1kg sugar
- onions and garlic
- red lentils
- 1l oil
- 1l olive oil
- 1kg rice
- tinned fish (tuna, sardines, mackerel)
- biscuit packets
- tinned goods (tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans)
- tea and coffee
- 750g salt
- dried fruit and nuts
- tinned fruit and veg
- vegetable stock cubes
Please bring ring pull tops and make sure everything is in date!
We are currently oversupplied with children’s clothes and toys, however are experiencing a shortfall of teenage boys (13-17 years old – see below). If you are able to donate those, that would be wonderful!
- Trainers especially sizes 41 to 43, and ideally black
- Small trousers (size 28 and 30)
- Extra small and small Jumpers
- Waterproof trousers
- XS + S tracksuit bottoms
- S long-sleeved tops, jumpers and hoodies
- Boots/ shoes up to size 39. No heels!
- Knickers (S + M)
- Smaller cup size bras (up to 36C)
- Warm, Waterproof coats (S + M)
- Waterproof trousers
- Trousers (S, M, L) – jeans and tracksuit bottoms
- Long-sleeved tops, jumpers and hoodies (S + M)
- Tracksuit bottoms – for ages 12-17
- Jeans – for ages 12-17
- Underwear – for ages 12-17 or men’s size small
- Hoodies – sizes small and medium
- Trainers (ideally black) – 40, 41, 42, 43.
- Bags for life
- Volunteers, especially if you can stay more than a day or two! (if you wish to volunteer, please email email@example.com )
- Padlocks (with keys, not codes please)
- Underwear (men’s, women’s and teen)
- Men’s gloves
- Wind up/ solar torches and lanterns
- Single foam mattresses (temporary need)
- Thick woollen Blankets
- Bike locks and bike repair kits
- Hygiene items: saline solution, toilet roll, razors, shaving cream, deodorant, baby wipes, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, tissues, shower gel
- Back packs (small for grab bags, large for possessions)
- 130l strong bin bags
- Thick rubber bands
- Fire extinguishers
- Goody bags of hats, gloves, scarves and two pairs of socks
- Foil blankets (to go underneath sleeping mats
- Waterproof warm winter coats and waterproof trousers
- Fire Extinguishers
- Single mattress toppers
- Dark/plain single duvet covers
- Lights (you can also buy these – with free delivery to Calais – via Leisure Fayre)
- Non-electric kettles
- Tin openers
- Flat pack cardboard boxes (size 60 x 40 x 32.5 or 90 x 60 x 48)
- Building materials – especially pallets!! (if you are bringing any or have any building skills you’d like to put to good use, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please only bring items from this list. We cannot currently accept any other items.
Our Calais warehouse is now supporting both the Calais and Dunkerque camps; receiving, sorting and delivering all aid required in the two camps every day. More than ever we need large volumes of very specific items. Help us to service the needs of the people in the camps to the best of our ability by studying the information on this page carefully before you plan your trip. We rely on a large volunteer workforce to supply the camps with the items they desperately need and we are currently very low on volunteers. We simply do not have the people power to sort through the items we don’t require, which are taking up an inordinate amount of space in our busy warehouse.
HOW TO ORGANISE GOODS
Try to concentrate on one or two items as a large amount of one item is much quicker and easier to distribute than a mixed load of many items.
It is very important that goods are clean, pre-sorted and clearly labelled e.g. a box of walking boots size 44, a bag of men’s jeans size 32, or pre-packaged food parcels.
If you want to be a real star then the best box sizes are 60 x 40 x 32.5 or 90 x 60 x 48
HOW TO DONATE
To deliver aid to the warehouse and/or to arrange distribution in the camp with the support of experienced volunteers, please complete this form
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
CLICK AND DONATE FOR DELIVERY STRAIGHT TO CALAIS
The wonderful people at Leisure Fayre have made it super easy to get these urgently needed items directly to Calais. Calais urgently needs sleeping bags and blankets.
Go to LesiureFayre, click on the Help Refugees logo to get to our specially selected list of most needed items and make your selection. To get 20% discount and free delivery to Calais, use the login and password provided on the checkout page.
Many thanks to Leisure Fayre for being so kind!