This week’s list of items needed in Calais by our amazing volunteers, updated Monday 22nd February 2016.
If you wish to donate goods, please email Annie on calaisdonations
Email Annie to find out more about donation dates. Thank you for your time and support.
The items at the top of the list are needed urgently.
FOOD: we are running VERY LOW on food supplies. Material food donations are much more sustainable and logistically easier to arrange, so if you have funds available and are planning a delivery to the Auberge/ Help Refugees warehouse PLEASE BRING:
- Food donations more important!!
- 1l oil
- 1kg rice
- 1kg sugar
- tinned fish (tuna, sardines, mackerel)
- biscuit packets
- tinned goods (tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans)
- tea and coffee
- 750g salt
- tinned fruit and veg
- vegetable stock cubes
- 1l UHT milk
- onions and garlic and other fresh fruit and veg
Please bring tins with ring pull tops and make sure everything is IN date!
- Volunteers, especially if you can stay more than a day or two! (if you wish to volunteer, please email email@example.com )
- Building materials – especially pallets!! (if you are bringing any or have any building skills you’d like to put to good use, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Blankets and duvets!!
- Sleeping bags
- Tents ( 4 man tents or larger)
- Waterproof warm winter coats and waterproof trousers
- Backpacks and rucksacks
- Camp mats
- Fire Extinguishers
- Wind up/ solar torches and lanterns
- Socks and Underwear (men’s, women’s and children’s)
- Goody bags of hats, gloves and scarves
- Waterproof walking boots high ankle or trainers size especially sizes 42 and 43
- Small trousers (size 28 and 30)
- S + M jumpers
- Waterproof trousers
- S + M tracksuit bottoms
- S long-sleeved tops, jumpers and hoodies
- Boots/ shoes up to size 39. No heels!
- Smaller cup size bras (up to 36C)
- Warm, Waterproof coats (S + M)
- Waterproof trousers
- Trousers (S, M, L) – jeans and tracksuit bottoms
- Long-sleeved tops, jumpers and hoodies (S + M)
- Flat pack cardboard boxes (size 60 x 40 x 32.5 or 90 x 60 x 48)
- Hygiene items: toilet roll, deodorant, baby wipes, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, shaving cream, tissues
Please only bring item from this list. We cannot currently accept any other items items.
HOW TO ORGANISE GOODS
Try to concentrate on one or two items as a large amount of one item is much quicker and easier to distribute than a mixed load of many items.
It is very important that goods are clean, pre-sorted and clearly labelled e.g. a box of walking boots size 44, a bag of men’s jeans size 32, or pre-packaged food parcels.
If you want to be a real star then the best box sizes are 60 x 40 x 32.5 or 90 x 60 x 48
HOW TO DONATE
To deliver aid to the warehouse and/or to arrange distribution in the camp with the support of experienced volunteers, please complete this form
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
CLICK AND DONATE FOR DELIVERY STRAIGHT TO CALAIS
The wonderful people at Leisure Fayre have made it super easy to get these urgently needed items directly to Calais. Calais urgently needs sleeping bags and blankets.
Go to LesiureFayre, click on the Help Refugees logo to get to our specially selected list of most needed items and make your selection. To get 20% discount and free delivery to Calais, use the login and password provided on the checkout page.
Many thanks to Leisure Fayre for being so kind!