This week’s list of items needed in Calais by our amazing volunteers, updated Monday 21st December 2015.
If you wish to donate goods, please email Annie on calaisdonations
Delivery slots on December 27th and 28th are FULL UP. If anyone is planning to bring donations in the next little while, January is looking a bit bleak – dates from the 29th of December onwards would also be good. Email Annie to find out more about donation dates!
The items at the top of the list are needed urgently.
- Food: we now have a food parcel making station, so please bring:
- 1l oil
- 1kg rice
- 1kg sugar
- tinned fish (tuna, sardines, mackerel)
- biscuit packets
- tinned goods (tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans)
- tea and coffee
- 750g salt
- tinned fruit and veg
- vegetable stock cubes
- 1l UHT milk
Please bring ring pull tops and make sure everything is IN date!
- Building materials – especially pallets!! (if you are bringing any or have any building skills you’d like to put to good use, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Blankets !!
- Sleeping bags
- Tents ( 4 man tents or larger)
- Waterproof warm winter coats and waterproof trousers
- Camp mats
- Fire Extinguishers
- Wind up/ solar torches and lanterns
- Socks and Underwear (men’s, women’s and children’s)
- Goody bags of hats, gloves and scarves
- Waterproof walking boots high ankle or trainers size especially sizes 42 and 43
- Small trousers (size 28 and 30)
- Waterproof trousers
- S + M tracksuit bottoms
- S long-sleeved tops, jumpers and hoodies
- Boots/ shoes up to size 39. No heels!
- Smaller cup size bras (up to 36C)
- Warm, Waterproof coats (S + M)
- Waterproof trousers
- Trousers (S, M, L) – jeans and tracksuit bottoms
- Long-sleeved tops, jumpers and hoodies (S + M)
- Flat pack cardboard boxes (size 60 x 40 x 32.5 or 90 x 60 x 48)
- Hygiene items: deodorant, baby wipes, shampoo, shaving cream, tissues
HOW TO ORGANISE GOODS
Try to concentrate on one or two items as a large amount of one item is much quicker and easier to distribute than a mixed load of many items.
It is very important that goods are clean, pre-sorted and clearly labelled e.g. a box of walking boots size 44, a bag of men’s jeans size 32, or pre-packaged food parcels.
If you want to be a real star then the best box sizes are 60 x 40 x 32.5 or 90 x 60 x 48
HOW TO DONATE
To deliver aid to the warehouse and/or to arrange distribution in the camp with the support of experienced volunteers, please complete this form
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
CLICK AND DONATE FOR DELIVERY STRAIGHT TO CALAIS
The wonderful people at Leisure Fayre have made it super easy to get these urgently needed items directly to Calais. Calais urgently needs sleeping bags and blankets.
Go to LesiureFayre, click on the Help Refugees logo to get to our specially selected list of most needed items and make your selection. To get 20% discount and free delivery to Calais, use the login and password provided on the checkout page.
Many thanks to Leisure Fayre for being so kind!