This week’s list of items needed in Calais by our amazing volunteers, updated Monday 20th June 2016.
If you wish to donate goods, please email Isabel on calaisdonations
Email Isabel to find out more about donation dates. Thank you for your time and support.
We urgently need roll mats/camping mats and big, thick blankets – our warehouse is out of the mats and we need more to distribute as soon as possible. Thank you!
We are currently oversupplied with children’s clothes and toys, however are experiencing a shortfall of teenage boys (13-17 years old – see below). If you are able to donate those, that would be wonderful!
- Trainers especially sizes 41 to 43, and ideally black
- S, M long-sleeved tops, jumpers and hoodies
- S, M short-sleeved t-shirts
- S, M tracksuit bottoms
- Waterproof trousers
- S, M new underwear (not Y-fronts)
- XS, S, M leggings
- XS, S, M tracksuit bottoms
- S, M, L tunic tops with long sleeves
- S, M Knickers
- Boots/shoes up to size 39. No heels!
- Smaller cup size bras (up to 36C)
- Tracksuit bottoms – for ages 12-17
- Jeans – for ages 12-17
- Underwear – for ages 12-17 or men’s size small
- Hoodies – sizes small and medium
- Trainers (ideally black) – 40, 41, 42, 43
Mobile Distribution (list of categories – click here for exhaustive list):
- Kitchen items
- Mobile phones
- Cleaning/clothes washing items
- Padlocks (with both keys and combinations)
- Most requested items:
- Metal kettles
- Plastic/metal cups and mugs
- Lights and lanterns – click here to view on Leisure Fayre site
- Unlocked smart phones/power banks
- Camp beds/single mattresses
- Toilet paper
- Men’s razors
- Deodorant (men’s)
- Shower gel and shampoo
- Baby wipes
- Nappies (only numbers 4, 5 and 6)
- Wash bags
Food: we are running very low on food supplies. Material food donations are much more sustainable and logistically easier to arrange, so if you have funds available and are planning a delivery to the Auberge/ Help Refugees warehouse, the most needed items (most urgent at top)
- Fresh fruit and veg (including salad and fresh herbs)
- 1l UHT milk
- 1kg sugar
- Onions and garlic
- Red lentils
- 1l oil
- 1l olive oil
- 1kg rice
- Tinned fish (tuna, sardines, mackerel)
- Biscuit packets
- Tinned goods (tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans)
- Tea and coffee
- 750g salt
- Dried fruit and nuts
- Tinned fruit and veg
- Vegetable stock cubes
Please bring ring pull tops and make sure everything is in date!
Warehouse and Office Needs:
- Large rubble sacks and 80L
- 130L, 110L, 80L strong bags
- Orange tape
- Brown parcel tape
- Industrial saran wrap/cling film – for wrapping boxes
- Permanent markers
- Thick rubber bands
- A4 lever arch folders
- Polythene pockets (for lever arch files)
- A4 printer paper
- Thick blankets
- Rolling suitcases
- Fire extinguishers
- Bike locks and repair kits
- Fire wood
- 3 sims for phones (£1 each, have to be purchased in the UK)
- Lycra sims
Please only bring items from this list. We cannot currently accept any other items.
Our Calais warehouse is now supporting both the Calais and Dunkerque camps; receiving, sorting and delivering all aid required in the two camps every day. More than ever we need large volumes of very specific items. Help us to service the needs of the people in the camps to the best of our ability by studying the information on this page carefully before you plan your trip. We rely on a large volunteer workforce to supply the camps with the items they desperately need and we are currently very low on volunteers. We simply do not have the people power to sort through the items we don’t require, which are taking up an inordinate amount of space in our busy warehouse.
HOW TO ORGANISE GOODS
Try to concentrate on one or two items as a large amount of one item is much quicker and easier to distribute than a mixed load of many items.
It is very important that goods are clean, pre-sorted and clearly labelled e.g. a box of walking boots size 44, a bag of men’s jeans size 32, or pre-packaged food parcels.
If you want to be a real star then the best box sizes are 60 x 40 x 32.5 or 90 x 60 x 48
HOW TO DONATE
To deliver aid to the warehouse and/or to arrange distribution in the camp with the support of experienced volunteers, please complete this form
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK AND DONATE FOR DELIVERY STRAIGHT TO CALAIS
The wonderful people at Leisure Fayre have made it super easy to get these urgently needed items directly to Calais. Calais urgently needs sleeping bags and blankets.
Go to LesiureFayre, click on the Help Refugees logo to get to our specially selected list of most needed items and make your selection. To get 20% discount and free delivery to Calais, use the login and password provided on the checkout page.
Many thanks to Leisure Fayre for being so kind!