Have you wanted to make a difference in the refugee crisis but haven’t known how to? You can help raise funds to Help Refugees from work.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
– Make us your company’s charity of the year!
– Casual clothes / fancy dress day: donate to wear plain clothes for the day
– Hold a fundraising event or make your Christmas party a fundraising opportunity!
– Go green: encourage your colleagues to walk or cycle to work and donate what they saved on transport
– Donate a day’s wages – and ask your company to match your donation
Here are some questions and pointers to help you start to plan your fundraising event:
Who will you invite, who will you involve? Will you make it a family-friendly affair or an evening event? You could get a group together to pool ideas and networks and to help organisingthe event.
At work? A venue nearby; a village hall, theatre or cafe? Speak to local businesses – if you need somewhere to hold your event, see if you can get it for free. Also see if anyone would be willing to supply food, drink or music – there are plenty of people who will want to help if you ask!
Pick a date and time when the maximum number of people will be free, and far enough in advance that they won’t have plans yet.
4. GET READY TO GET FUNDRAISING
If you’re ready to go, set up your fundraiser here.
5. MAXIMISE YOUR FUNDRAISING CAPACITY
Will you charge for tickets? If so how much?
Start sharing your fundraising page before the event starts. You can start sharing news, facts, films and photos in the run-up on your Facebook event page, including a link to donate.
– How about holding a raffle, tombola or auction? Again, you can ask people in your network to donate goods, experiences or services. This also makes a fun addition to lots of events
– Buy a couple of donation buckets, attach a Help Refugees sticker and charge some willing friends with standing by the entrance greeting guests and holding the buckets
– You could buy a selection of Choose Love tees before the event and sell them there. Make sure you keep one for yourself to wear on the day!
– Get some badges or stickers made with our logo – cheap and easy item to sell
– What about creating a fun photo booth and charging people for prints of their pics?
If you’re ready to go, set up your fundraiser now!