People love to see someone take on a challenge and test themselves – especially if they are raising funds for a good cause while doing so. If you’re thinking about doing a sponsored challenge to Help Refugees, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Running, walking, cycling or whatever you like – no matter how fit or unfit you think you are there’s a challenge for everyone. You could do 5k, 10k, half marathon, or marathon or more!
- Climb a mountain – big or small!
- If you’re a chatterbox, how about a sponsored silence? Work/studies permitting!
- Compete in a Tough Mudder or other endurance competition
- Invent a challenge, the more innovative and eye-catching the better!
If you’re ready to go, set up your fundraiser here.
Here are some questions and pointers to help you start to plan your sponsored challenge:
1. WHO/ WHERE/ WHEN
What kind of challenge would you like to do? Find something you could realistically work up to within the time frame available before the event. This will also allow time for raising funds. Do some research of what’s going on in your area if you’d like to do something local, or look further afield if you prefer.
2. STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
If you are doing a wacky or unusual challenge you’ll already stand out. If you are doing something more conventional can you think of ways you could stand out from the crowd and catch people’s attention. Will you wear a costume or accessory? How about face or body paint or glitter?
3. GET READY TO GET FUNDRAISING
If you’re all set and ready, create your fundraiser now!