CLUB NIGHT/ GIG
Have fun while raising funds! Whether you love D&B, Heavy Metal or anything in between this could be the option for you. Approach bands or DJs who you know and love and ask them to perform at a fundraising event.
Sell tickets online and on the door, put up some Choose Love branding and collect donations with fundraising buckets on the night. People love to party for a good cause!
Here are some questions and pointers to help you start to plan your event:
Who will you invite, who will you involve? You could get a group together to pool ideas and networks and to help organisingthe event.
A venue nearby; a village hall, theatre or cafe? Speak to local businesses – if you need somewhere to hold your event, see if you can get it for free. Also see if anyone would be willing to supply food, drink or music – there are plenty of people who will want to help if you ask!
Pick a date and time when the maximum number of people will be free, and far enough in advance that they won’t have plans yet.
4. GET READY TO GET FUNDRAISING
Set up your own fundraising page and think about how best to encourage people to use and share it. See below for a link to the page where you can set this up. How will you get people to donate? What sort of targets will you set yourself? Make sure you include photos to help bring your fundraising to life!
5. MAXIMISE YOUR FUNDRAISING CAPACITY
– Will you charge for tickets? If so how much?
– Start sharing your fundraising page before the event starts. You can start sharing news, facts, films and photos in the run-up on your Facebook event page, including a link to donate.
– How about holding a raffle, tombola or auction? Again, you can ask people in your network to donate goods, experiences or services. This also makes a fun addition to lots of events.
– Buy a couple of donation buckets, attach a Help Refugees sticker and charge some willing friends with standing by the entrance greeting guests and holding the buckets.
You could buy a selection of Choose Love tees before the event and sell them there. Make sure you keep one for yourself to wear on the day!
Get some badges or stickers made with our logo – cheap and easy item to sell
What about creating a fun photo booth and charging people for prints of their pics?
If you’re ready to go, set up your fundraiser here.