HOW TO SET
UP YOUR OWN
We use BT MyDonate because they charge 0% commission so 100% of the funds you work so hard to raise will go to where they are most needed. Follow these steps to set up a fundraiser page on BT MyDonate:
1. Click here.
2. On the right-hand side of the MyDonate page, click ‘Fundraise’, then ‘Create my challenge’. Even if you are holding an event it’s still classified as a ‘challenge’ for the purpose of this platform.
3. Create a profile by clicking ‘Register’
4. Specify all the details of your event. Make sure you really sell it, make it sounds unmissable! This is also the place to give some background information on Help Refugees, and why you have chosen to support us.
5. Indicate how much you’d like to raise. There is also a space for inputting offline donations, if people want to give you cash instead. If you are doing a challenge and you are approaching the target amount we recommend you increase this target so that people continue to feel motivated to donate!
6. You can then decide on several other options before creating your page, such as GiftAid and whether you want to receive notifications. With GiftAid we receive an additional 25% from UK taxpayers so where possible do make it available for donors.
7. Include photographs – you can take these from our Facebook page or website if you like or use photos relevant to the fundraiser you are planning. Or if you are feeling creative then design your own artwork.
8. Once you have saved the event you’ll have the link so you’ll be able to share the web address of the page to allow people to donate. You can also share your event directly from the MyDonate page to your social media accounts using the tabs at the bottom of the event page.