CALAIS: MOST NEEDED ITEMS
Get the latest needs list in full so you know what to bring to Calais.
Below is our a list of our current most needed items in Calais. If you are going to bring donations to the warehouse, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know beforehand.
Priority Items – we are in desperate need of:
- Emergency blankets and ponchos
- Blankets and sleeping bags
- Boots (sizes 40-43)
- Mens Underwear (Boxers, only new please – Small and Medium)
- Socks (sizes 40-43)
- Waterproof and non-waterproof jackets (small and medium)
- Unlocked and cleared mobile phones with chargers
- Tarpaulin (at LEAST 2m x 2.5m)
- Short- and long-sleeved t-shirts (small and medium)
- Jogging bottoms and jeans (small and medium – 28 and 30 inch waist)
- Jumpers and hoodies (small and medium)
We are currently oversupplied with children’s clothes and toys, there are other charities, many closer to home who would really benefit from the donations of these items.
- Emergency foil blankets
- French Lyca Sims
- Unlocked mobile phones with chargers
- UK to EU adaptors (to use UK chargers in France)
- Non-English language based board games for Refugee Youth Service (i.e chess, draughts, playing cards, footballs, cricket bats, tennis balls)
- Small backpacks
- Toilet paper
- Baby wipes
- Men’s razors
- Spray deodorant (men’s)
- Shaving foam
- Packs of tissues
- Hand sanitiser
- Hair oil
- Talcum powder
Please see our friends at Refugee Community Kitchen’s needs list for the full list of most food items.
Warehouse and Office Needs:
- Strong eco-friendly/biodegradable bin bags
- Orange tape
- Brown parcel tape
- Permanent markers
Please note that your donations MUST be sorted – if any items are damaged, soiled or inappropriate for distribution, they will create an enormous amount of waste, which delays vital aid reaching the refugees. To efficiently sort your donations, please separate them into type eg blankets separate from clothing. Clothing and shoes will need to be separated (and then packed and accordingly labelled) by gender, size and type. For instance men’s M jumpers separate from the S. Women’s size 39 boots separate from women’s size 40 trainers, waterproof coats, separate from non-waterproof coats.
This saves the incredibly hard-working warehouse volunteers so much time and allows us to get the donations to the refugees considerably more quickly and more efficiently. We are currently sufficiently stocked up for quite some time with women and children’s items, except for the items mentioned in the priority list. If you need more guidelines on how to sort, please email our Calais Donations Coordinator and they will be happy to help.
If you would prefer to make a donation, please use our BT fundraiser page.
If you wish to send Emergency Supplies by post, please consider our wishlist at http://www.leisurefayre.com, where we have secured a generous 20% discount and fast postage with the distributor, who sends them directly to us as soon as possible!