CALAIS & DUNKIRK: MOST NEEDED ITEMS
Get the latest needs list in full so you know what to bring to Calais.
If you are bringing donations to the warehouse in Calais, please make sure to register here first!
Collective Aid teams are regularly distributing items in northern France. The below list of most-needed items is updated monthly, and we would be grateful if you could consult it before gathering donations. If you are planning to take donations to the warehouse, please email email@example.com beforehand.
MOST-NEEDED ITEMS DECEMBER 2019:
– Men’s underwear (boxers not briefs; new not used) (really needed!)
– Thin, dark socks
– Sleeping bags and blankets (really needed!)
– Men’s thin or thick waterproof jackets
– Men’s skinny trousers and jeans (Size 28-38) + joggers
– Women’s leggings
Tents and Bedding
- Tents (2person or 3person)
- Sleeping bags (Thin/Thick)
- Blankets (Thin/Thick)
- Roll Mats
- Short Sleeved T-Shirts (Small / Medium)
- Long Sleeved T-Shirts (Small / Medium)
- Thin/Thick Jumpers (Small / Medium)
- Hoodies (Small / Medium)
- Thin/Thick Waterproof Jackets (Small / Medium / Large)
- Jogging Bottoms (Size 25 – 35)
- Skinny Trousers and Jeans (Size 28 – 38)
- Thermal Tops and Leggings
- Thin Dark Socks
- Boxers (Small / Medium / Large)
- Sports trainers and Boots (Size 42 – 43)
- Winter Hats and Gloves
- 20L / 25L / 30L Backpacks
- French Lyca Sim Cards
- Disposable Rain Ponchos
- Roll-on deodorant
- Baby Wipes
- Small Shower Gels
Please do not send:
- Air Mattresses
- Plimsolls/thin Converse-style shoes
- Anything that is broken, stained, or has holes
- Anything with slogans that may be considered offensive or inappropriate to this situation
If you wish to donate any women and children’s items, please refer to the needs list of our partners, Refugee Women’s Centre, here.
Please note that your donations MUST be sorted – if any items are damaged, soiled or inappropriate for distribution, they will create an enormous amount of waste, which delays vital aid reaching the refugees.
We kindly ask that you sort all items and label them by:
– Size (S/M/L)
– Type (e.g. jumpers, coats, trainers)
To efficiently sort your donations, please separate (pack and label) them into the above categories. For instance: men’s M jumpers separate from men’s S jumpers; women’s size 39 boots separate from women’s size 40 trainers; waterproof coats separate from non-waterproof coats.
Thank you in advance! This process saves our incredibly hard-working warehouse volunteers so much time and allows us to get the donations to the people we support considerably more quickly and more efficiently. If you need more guidelines on sorting, or have any other questions, please email our Calais Donations Coordinator and they will be happy to help.
If you would prefer to make a monetary donation, please donate here.
If you wish to send Emergency Supplies by post, please consider Leisure Fayre, with whom we have a 20% discount and fast postage through our partnership with Help Refugees. This is a way to immediately help people we serve.