CALAIS & DUNKIRK: MOST NEEDED ITEMS
Get the latest needs list in full so you know what to bring to Calais.
If you are bringing donations to our Calais warehouse, please make sure to register here first!
Below is our a list of our current most needed items in Calais. If you are going to bring donations to the warehouse, please email email@example.com to let us know beforehand.
– Tents and tarpaulins
– Sleeping Bags and Blankets
– Men’s Underwear (NEW small and medium ONLY) and Thin Dark Socks
– Men’s Thin / Thick Waterproof Jackets
– Men’s Skinny Trousers and Jeans (Size 28-38)
Tents and Bedding
- Tents (2person or 3person)
- Sleeping bags (Thin/Thick)
- Blankets (Thin/Thick)
- Roll Mats
- Short Sleeved T-Shirts (Small / Medium)
- Long Sleeved T-Shirts (Small / Medium)
- Thin/Thick Jumpers (Small / Medium)
- Hoodies (Small / Medium)
- Thin/Thick Waterproof Jackets (Small / Medium / Large)
- Jogging Bottoms (Size 25 – 35)
- Skinny Trousers and Jeans (Size 28 – 38)
- Thermal Tops and Leggings
- Thin Dark Socks
- Boxers (Small / Medium / Large)
- Sports trainers and Boots (Size 42 – 43)
- Winter Hats and Gloves
- 20L / 25L / 30L Backpacks
- French Lyca Sim Cards
- Disposable Rain Ponchos
- Roll on deodorant
- Baby Wipes
- Small Shower Gels
Please do not send:
- Air Mattresses
- Anything that is broken / stained / has holes in
- Anything with slogans that may be considered offensive / inappropriate to this situation
If you are wishing to donate any women and children’s items, please refer to the needs list of our partners, Refugee Women’s Centre, HERE.
Please note that your donations MUST be sorted – if any items are damaged, soiled or inappropriate for distribution, they will create an enormous amount of waste, which delays vital aid reaching the refugees.
We kindly ask that you sort all items and label them by:
– Size (S/M/L)
– Type (e.g. jumpers, coats, trainers)
To efficiently sort your donations, please separate (pack and label) them into the above categories. For instance: men’s M jumpers separate from men’s S jumpers; women’s size 39 boots separate from women’s size 40 trainers; waterproof coats separate from non-waterproof coats.
Thank you in advance! This process saves our incredibly hard-working warehouse volunteers so much time and allows us to get the donations to the people we support considerably more quickly and more efficiently. If you need more guidelines on sorting, or have any other questions, please email our Calais Donations Coordinator and they will be happy to help.
If you would prefer to make a donation, please donate here.
If you wish to send Emergency Supplies by post, please consider Leisure Fayre, where we have secured a generous 20% discount and fast postage with the distributor, who sends them directly to us as soon as possible!