CALAIS: MOST NEEDED ITEMS
Get the latest needs list in full so you know what to bring to Calais.
If you are bringing donations to our Calais warehouse, please make sure to register here first!
Below is our a list of our current most needed items in Calais. If you are going to bring donations to the warehouse, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know beforehand.
Priority Items – we are in desperate need of:
- Thin ankle socks
- Men’s underwear (boxers, only new please – small, medium and large)
- Men’s disposable razors
- Sleeping bags and blankets
- Trainers and walking shoes (sizes 40-43)
- Jogging bottoms (sizes small and medium)
- Rain ponchos
- Short-sleeved t-shirts (small and medium)
- Boots (sizes 40-43)
- Waterproof and non-waterproof jackets (small and medium)
- Summer hats/baseball caps
- Small backpacks/ drawstring bags
- Roll mats
- Jumpers and hoodies (small and medium)
- Belts (men’s)
- Men’s skinny jeans (small and medium)
- Emergency foil blankets
- Lip balm
- Packs of tissues
- Toilet paper
- Wet wipes
- Spray deodorant (men’s)
- Shaving foam
- Hand sanitiser
- Hair oil
- Talcum powder
- Nappies (all sizes)
- Disposable cups (for distributing hot drinks)
- French Lyca SIM cards
- UK to EU adaptors (to use UK chargers in France)
- Non-English language based board games for Refugee Youth Service (i.e chess, draughts, playing cards, footballs, cricket bats, tennis balls)
- Bin bags
- Pop-up gazebo (but NO poles)
PLEASE NOTE: WE CANNOT CURRENTLY ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
Men’s clothing: Extra large, knitted, ski clothing, camouflage, items containing symbols that are satanic, religious, or about sex/drugs/alcohol, very bright or fluorescent clothing.
Generally, darker colours are preferable.
Shoes: Only sturdy boots, waterproof boots and trainers. We are not taking wellies or office shoes.
Blankets: Blankets have to be large enough to cover a full-grown man. Blankets that are any smaller cannot be distributed.
Warehouse and Office Needs:
- Strong eco-friendly/biodegradable bin bags
- Orange tape
- Brown parcel tape
- Permanent markers
Please note that your donations MUST be sorted – if any items are damaged, soiled or inappropriate for distribution, they will create an enormous amount of waste, which delays vital aid reaching the refugees. To efficiently sort your donations, please separate them into type eg blankets separate from clothing. Clothing and shoes will need to be separated (and then packed and accordingly labelled) by gender, size and type. For instance men’s M jumpers separate from the S. Women’s size 39 boots separate from women’s size 40 trainers, waterproof coats, separate from non-waterproof coats.
This saves the incredibly hard-working warehouse volunteers so much time and allows us to get the donations to the refugees considerably more quickly and more efficiently. We are currently sufficiently stocked up for quite some time with women and children’s items, except for the items mentioned in the priority list. If you need more guidelines on how to sort, please email our Calais Donations Coordinator and they will be happy to help.
If you would prefer to make a donation, please use our BT fundraiser page.
If you wish to send Emergency Supplies by post, please consider our Amazon wishlist or our wishlist at http://www.leisurefayre.com, where we have secured a generous 20% discount and fast postage with the distributor, who sends them directly to us as soon as possible!