CALAIS & DUNKIRK: MOST NEEDED ITEMS
Get the latest needs list in full so you know what to bring to Calais.
If you are bringing donations to our Calais warehouse, please make sure to register here first!
Please make sure that you’re bringing good quality items that you’d use yourself!
MOST NEEDED ITEMS: FEBRUARY 2019
Priority Items – we are in desperate need of:
– Trousers (sizes 28-34)
– Walking boots (sizes 40-43)
– Practical warm jackets and waterproofs
– Thermal leggings & Thermal tops
– Tents and tarpaulins
– Sleeping bags and blankets
– Gloves & Handwarmers
– Emergency Foil Blankets
And more below….
– Belts (men’s)
– Men’s underwear (boxers, only new please – small and medium) and socks (preferably thin)
– Hats (preferably Beanies) Gloves and Handwarmers
– Mobile Phones (only functional please)
– Men’s joggers and jeans (small and medium)
– Backpacks (30-40 litres)
– Small backpacks-(below 40ltrs)/ drawstring bags
– Roll mats
– Jumpers and hoodies (small and medium)
– Body Lotion (especially lotion for sensitive skin)
– Saline Solution/Eye wash
– Men’s disposable razors
– Packs of tissues
– Toilet paper
– Wet wipes
– Spray deodorant (men’s)
– Shaving foam
– Hand sanitiser
– Hair oil
– Talcum powder
– Bin bags
– French Lyca SIM cards
– Fire starters
– Disposable cups (for distributing hot drinks)
– UK to EU adaptors (to use UK chargers in France)
– Pop-up gazebo (but NO poles)
– Bags for life
Items we cannot currently accept:
- Any Medication
- Women’s and Children’s clothing
- Children’s bedding and nappies
- Button-up Shirts
- L or XL clothing
- Ski suits/salopettes
- Wellies or office shoes
- Steel Toecap shoes
- Business attire
- Camouflage print items
- Hand-knitted items
- Items containing symbols that are satanic, religious, or have references to sex/drugs/alcohol
- Very bright or fluorescent clothing
- Blankets smaller than a full-grown man
If any of the above items are brought to our warehouse we will be unable to receive them.
Please see our friends at Refugee Community Kitchen’s needs list for the full list of most food items.
Women’s and Children’s Items
Please see our friends at The Refugee Women’s Center’s needs list for an up to date list on which items they currently need. Please check the needs list carefully as children’s clothes are not needed at the moment, women’s clothes, only specific items. Unfortunately we don’t have the capacity to sort through non-vital donations.
Warehouse and Office Needs:
– Strong eco-friendly/biodegradable bin bags
– Orange tape
– Brown parcel tape
– Permanent markers
Please note that your donations MUST be sorted – if any items are damaged, soiled or inappropriate for distribution, they will create an enormous amount of waste, which delays vital aid reaching the refugees.
We kindly ask that you sort all items and label them by:
– Size (S/M/L)
– Type (e.g. jumpers, coats, trainers)
To efficiently sort your donations, please separate (pack and label) them into the above categories. For instance: men’s M jumpers separate from men’s S jumpers; women’s size 39 boots separate from women’s size 40 trainers; waterproof coats separate from non-waterproof coats.
Thank you in advance! This process saves our incredibly hard-working warehouse volunteers so much time and allows us to get the donations to the refugees considerably more quickly and more efficiently. If you need more guidelines on sorting, or have any other questions, please email our Calais Donations Coordinator and they will be happy to help.
If you would prefer to make a donation, please donate here.
If you wish to send Emergency Supplies by post, please consider our Amazon wishlist or our wishlist at http://www.leisurefayre.com, where we have secured a generous 20% discount and fast postage with the distributor, who sends them directly to us as soon as possible!